RTO Rules for Electric Vehicle in India, Bike, Scooter & All Guidelines
- Sales of electric vehicles are increasing across the country. The government is also cooperating for the promotion of electric vehicles. In view of the rising fuel prices, individuals are also preferring to buy electric vehicles. But within the coming years, the use of electric vehicles will reach a high peak. There will be less pollution in the cities. Which will be a very happy moment.
- Rules have to be followed to drive vehicles. By which you have your own safety. If you do not follow the rules then you may face trouble. There is an RTO rule for electric vehicles. Following which it will be safe to drive an electric vehicle.
RTO Rules for Electric Vehicles in India
- Many rules have to be followed for driving electric vehicles. Electric vehicle registration is required.
Read More:- Electric Vehicle Number Plate in India
Electric Vehicle Registration RTO Rule in India.
- Electric vehicles in India can be approved by the Automotive Research Association of India.
- Powerful automobiles follow CMVR norms. After which it will undergo a complete testing system.
Documents required to register an electric car are given below:-
- One must have an identity proof for car registration which can be Election Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Indian Passport.
- It is necessary to have proof for the second address. In which Aadhar Card, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill, Bank Statement, LIC Policy, Indian Passport, Election Card can be.
Electric Vehicle Registration and Road Tax in Delhi.
- Delhi government said that there will be no fee for registration of electric vehicles. The government said that this step would be taken after the announcement of the imposition of road tax. The Delhi government said in August that electric vehicles can also buy batteries. The government informed the customers that if they buy a 4 wheeler vehicle, they can take advantage of the ₹ 1,50,000 reward. The government will also give a discount of up to ₹ 30,000 on buying an electric scooter. This benefit will also extend to other electric vehicles.
Fee for registration of electric vehicles in India.
- Different registration charges are levied for different electric vehicles in India.
Electric Vehicle – Registration Fee
Light Motor Vehicle – ₹ 300
Motor Vehicle – ₹ 1000
Motor Vehicle – ₹ 1500
Vehicle – ₹ 5000
Is a license required to drive an electric vehicle?
- According to RTO rules, a license is required to drive an electric vehicle in India. If you do not have a license then you are not ready to drive an electric vehicle on the roads. Driving a vehicle without a license would be against the law.
- Electric speed is 25 km/h and motor is 250 W, so you can drive without a license. But this speed is for electric bicycles. A license will be required if you drive an electric vehicle with a higher speed than this.
Read More:- How to Adjust Disc Brake and Mechanical Brake on A Bicycle
Is a number plate required to drive an electric vehicle?
- The Central Vehicle Regulations 1989 prescribes the relevant number plate rules. Electric vehicles registered after 1st April 2019. They should have high-security number plates. The number plate for an electric vehicle is introduced by the government. These plates will help in preventing theft of vehicles.
- Green license number plate is useful for electric vehicles as per RTO rules. The number plate identifies the electric vehicle among the many vehicles in the parking lot.
Number Plates in Vehicles
- Personal electric vehicles have a green number plate with white letters.
- Commercial electric vehicles have a green number plate with yellow letters.
- Private IC vehicles have white number plates with black letters.
- Commercial IC vehicles have a yellow number plate with black letters.
- Self-Driven/Rental IC Vehicles have black number plates with yellow letters.
New rules issued for electric vehicles
- Electric vehicles have little or no noise. The government is also coming up with new options. According to media reports, there is a need for voice in electric vehicles. so that they can avoid accidents. But this has not been done in vehicles yet. Once this happens, then it will be checked that there is not much noise pollution.
- Even after the sound of electric vehicles, their sound will be less. Such a machine will be installed in EV. Which will sound like normal vehicles. It is being said that the name of this machine will be given as Acoustic Alert System. But there will be such a system in this that the vehicle owner can increase or decrease the sound according to himself.